Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A good picture ruined




I stated last time that I like subtlties in shade and color. Here's a picture that should have been a doozie. It's a winter scene, foggy day, sun above the trees. When I saw it, I was captivated. I think I used my little pocket point-and-shoot for the shot.

What ruins it, of course, are the four lines running across the picture. I could PhotoShop them out, of course, but I don't like to manipulate photos in more than the most basic ways. After all, if beauty is truth, it ought to be authentic beauty, shouldn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I posted a picture yesterday with a telephone pole and wires running through a sunset and I remembered this post of yours. I'm not so sure the lines ruin this picture. For the me, the shot is ethereal, almost unreal, and the wires bring it back to earth and reality. In your photo, the wires are subtle as well, and become an interesting element in their own right. I think I like this photo with the wires.

    ReplyDelete